Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mindy and Steph - Twins?!



Ever since Mindy moved back home and started working at HCA, we have been getting so many comments about how we look exactly alike. Not one, not a couple, but like 1 incident a week. Seriously!

The first week she was here, some woman I did not know saw me in the cafeteria and said, "There is a girl on the second floor who could be your sister!" My response: "She probably is!" All of the people I work closely with immediately started talking about how we looked exactly alike and had the same mannerisms.

Next incident - the cleaning lady at work (who is so sweet and seriously knows all 450 people in our building by name) said, "Stephanie, there is this new girl who looks just like you!"

A couple weeks in, the COO approached Mindy and said, "I couldn't put my finger on why you looked so familiar to me. Then I saw your name and I realized - it's because Stephanie's your sister and you look just like her!"

Once a total stranger approached her cube and said, "I saw you in the cafeteria this morning and I was so confused because you had brown hair when I thought you had blonde. I see you do have blonde hair, so clearly your double works here!"

Mindy and I were out shopping recently, and at the checkout lane, the sales clerk asked us if we were twins!

Mindy went to a Sounds game with her friend this Saturday and a woman from work (whom she didn't know) recognized her and said, "You're Stephanie, right?"

And it goes on and on. All the time random people we don't know stop us. It is truly bizarre! Mindy's friend from New Orleans said that if he closed his eyes while I was telling a story, he would swear it was Mindy.

I think it's so odd since we've never gotten this in our lives, we are 8 years apart in age, and I don't think we look anything alike! Don't get me wrong, I think it's a compliment - but boy do I feel bad for Mindy! :)

No comments: